What Problems Can Crooked Teeth Cause Me?
· Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMD / TMJ)
o Crooked teeth can cause your jaw to misalign which is called Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMD). This will cause unwanted chronic headaches. If you are experiencing headaches and jaw pain, you may be suffering from TMJ, and need to visit Westover Dentistry as soon as possible.
· Difficulty Cleaning Teeth
o Crooked teeth create crevices within your teeth which make it very hard to clean via brushing or flossing. This allows bacteria to grow causing issues such as tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease.
· Causes Tooth Wear
o Crowded bottom teeth often cause one or more teeth to protrude, which can rub against your upper teeth. Over time, this can lead to undue wear of tooth enamel.
· Difficulties Chewing / Eating
o Protruding upper and lower teeth may rub together in a way that prevents normal jaw alignment, making it difficult to chew your favorite foods.
· Hurts Your Confidence / Self Esteem
o Having crooked teeth may reduce your confidence in your smile, this will result in you reducing how much you show your smile which could have a negative effect on social interactions such as dating and work engagements.
· Increased Risk Of Injury
o Protruding upper teeth are more likely to chip or crack in the event of an accident, especially when playing sports or any other recreational activity.
What Is The Most Effective Way To Treat My Crooked Teeth?
Invisalign treatment utilizes clear, removable aligners to gradually reposition and straighten crooked teeth. Teens and adults can use Invisalign to address a variety of orthodontic concerns, including open bite, misaligned teeth, crowded teeth, and gapped teeth. To determine if Invisalign is right for you, we will evaluate your teeth and bite.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear aligners allow for a discreet treatment
- Patients can remove their aligners to eat, brush, floss, and for special occasions
- Cost effective solution for a wide range of orthodontic concerns
- Invisalign treatment is designed specifically for your needs, allowing for predictable, effective results
- No metal brackets or wires that can interfere with your comfort
SCHEDULE A COSMETIC CONSULTATION
If you would like to explore your cosmetic dentistry options to repair your crooked teeth, and how can Invisalign can be used to restore your smile. You can visit our team at Westover Dentistry. To schedule an appointment, call (703) 495-2247 or request an appointment online.