Dental Crowns An Overview
Dental crowns are used to solve a wide range of cosmetic and restorative dental concerns. As one of the most versatile solutions, dental crowns are commonly used to restore damaged teeth or add strength to a weakened tooth.
For instance, dental crowns can also:
- Address chipped or cracked teeth
- Address discolored or stained teeth
- Fix a misshapen tooth
- Strengthen a tooth to support a dental bridge
- Stabilize a tooth after the root canal procedure
As an experienced restorative dentist, Dr. Hazim Sadeddin offers custom designed dental crowns in our Arlington dentist office. Our team at Westover Dentistry is committed to providing high-quality dental crowns that support your long-term dental health and function.
Did You Chip a Tooth?
You can chip a tooth by biting down a particularly hard piece of food or possibly in a sports-related injury. However, what happens once you damage a tooth? Fortunately, your dentist can help restore your tooth to full function and appearance. We offer a variety of different procedures to repair a chipped tooth.
What Should I Do After I Damage a Tooth?
If you end up chipping or breaking a tooth try to recover any pieces you can find. Bring them to the office with you. If you can’t recover any pieces of the tooth don’t panic, we can still restore the damage. You can place a cold compress against the side of the face to reduce swelling and may need to place gauze over the tooth if there is bleeding. Schedule a visit right away; otherwise a damaged tooth can be more likely to develop tooth decay.
3 Ways to Repair a Chipped Tooth
- Dental Crown: With a dental crown we place a restoration over the visible portion of the tooth. We can use this to repair chipped or broken teeth, as well as dental fractures. We can use lifelike materials to ensure the restoration blends with your smile.
- Dental Bonding: With dental bonding we restore the lost structure with a composite resin material, reshaping the tooth as the material cures under a light. The entire procedure can be completed in a single visit and is often recommend for minor chips.
- Porcelain Veneers: We can also mask minor chips, as well as stains and gaps, with porcelain veneers. We place a thin shell of porcelain onto the front of the tooth. The veneers look completely lifelike.