Dentures & PartialsAn Overview
For patients who are missing multiple teeth dentures are used to replace the top, bottom, or both arches of teeth. Due to advancements in restorative dentistry, dentures are designed to provide a more natural looking, stable solution for patients who have lost their natural teeth. Depending on the needs of the patient, your dentist may recommend removable dentures or dental implant dentures to help restore your missing teeth.
Types of Dentures:
- Removable Dentures: Removable dentures are removed daily and held into place using an adhesive product. This replacement option requires daily maintenance and does not address bone deterioration.
- Implant Secured Dentures: Implants secured dentures are fixed into place using strategically place dental implants. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that prevents further jaw bone deterioration and encourages bone growth in the jaw.
Arlington restorative dentist Dr. Sadeddin and our team at Westover Dentistry can work with you to determine which treatment is right for you. We work with each patient on an individual basis to recommend the most appropriate solutions for their needs. Whether you need traditional dentures, partial dentures, or implant secured dentures, we can work with you to deliver the care you need.
Choosing Implant Secured Dentures
Implant secured dentures offer several advantages. When applicable, Dr. Sadeddin recommends implant secured dentures for a more stable, longer lasting tooth replacement. Implant secured restorations are proven to have high success rates and excellent customer satisfaction.
Benefits of Implant Secured Dentures:
- No slippage
- Improve chewing and bite function
- Helps prevent gum recession
- Limits facial sagging
- Prevents bone deterioration in the jaw
- Added support for custom dentures