What to expect on your first visit.
During your first visit, we take the time to understand your dental concerns, answers your questions, and perform a full dental health evaluation. We will explain all aspects of your dental care visit and proposed treatment plan to ensure you are fully informed throughout your visit.
To guarantee we are able to maximize your full dental visit, we encourage you to bring the following:
- A valid form of identification
- Recent dental records or x-rays
- Dental insurance information
After the registration and insurance process, we will begin your dental health examination. During the dental health examination you can expect:
- Thorough discussion of your dental history
- Diagnostic x-rays, if needed
- Periodontal and cavities screening
- Oral cancer screening
- One-on-one consultation with your dentist
Once your examination is complete, we will work with you to schedule any necessary follow up care appointments or further diagnostics if needed.
As a commitment to provide exceptional patient care, we work with you on a one-on-one basis to help you find the most appropriate payment options for their budget. At Westover Dentistry, our Arlington, VA dental team is happy to process and file insurance claims from any provider. We are in-network for many major dental insurance providers and are happy to work with patients to help them make the most of their benefit plan.
If you have any questions about payment or dental insurance, please contact our office. We will gladly work with you to help you make the most out of your dental insurance.
Financing Your Dental Care
If you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask that you provide us with at least 48 hours’ notice so we can offer this appointment to another patient. A fee may be charged if a patient does not show up for an appointment without sufficient notice. Thank you for choosing Westover Dentistry as your dental practice.
- Our team members are screened daily for COVID-19 risk factors
- We recommend that patient documents are completed prior to your appointment.
- Upon request, we offer a Concierge Service – from Car to Chair. Upon arrival at our office, you may wait in your vehicle and give us a call to check-in. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter, and one of our team members will personally escort you directly into your thoroughly disinfected treatment room.
- Every person entering the office is encouraged to wear a facial covering or face mask
- Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment and notify the office if you have a elevated temperature.
- We will ask that all patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need assistance, we ask that this be limited to a single person if possible. If a patient is accompanied by a guest, we recommend that the guest waits outside of the office. However, we have created social distancing space in our reception/waiting area.
- Room Disinfection – We provide adequate time for our teams to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
- Our waiting area will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, etc., as these items are difficult to disinfect. Our doctors and team will be wearing all of the recommended and supplementary personal protective equipment (PPE). You may see face shields, caps, shoe covers, gowns, gloves and masks, but you can be rest assured we’re smiling underneath them.