What to expect on your first visit.
During your first visit, we take the time to understand your dental concerns, answers your questions, and perform a full dental health evaluation. We will explain all aspects of your dental care visit and proposed treatment plan to ensure you are fully informed throughout your visit.
To guarantee we are able to maximize your full dental visit, we encourage you to bring the following:
- A valid form of identification
- Recent dental records or x-rays
- Dental insurance information
After the registration and insurance process, we will begin your dental health examination. During the dental health examination you can expect:
- Thorough discussion of your dental history
- Diagnostic x-rays, if needed
- Periodontal and cavities screening
- Oral cancer screening
- One-on-one consultation with your dentist
Once your examination is complete, we will work with you to schedule any necessary follow up care appointments or further diagnostics if needed.
As a commitment to provide exceptional patient care, we work with you on a one-on-one basis to help you find the most appropriate payment options for their budget. At Westover Dentistry, our Arlington, VA dental team is happy to process and file insurance claims from any provider. We are in-network for many major dental insurance providers and are happy to work with patients to help them make the most of their benefit plan.
If you have any questions about payment or dental insurance, please contact our office. We will gladly work with you to help you make the most out of your dental insurance.
Financing Your Dental Care
As a reminder, here are some of the enhanced safety standards that you can continue to expect:
- Our team members are screened daily for COVID-19 risk factors and all team members will have their temperatures monitored daily.
- Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire will be provided to you. This questionnaire must be completed before you arrive at the office. This is a requirement by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for all medical and dental visits.
- We recommend that patient documents are completed prior to your appointment. All paperwork will remain outside of the treatment areas.
- We have implemented a Concierge Service – from Car to Chair. Upon arrival at our office, we recommend that you wait in your vehicle and give us a call to check-in. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter, and one of our team members will personally escort you directly into your thoroughly disinfected treatment room.
- Every person entering the office is encouraged to wear a facial covering or face mask
- Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment. We will also confirm that all patients are fever-free with a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
- We will ask that all patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need assistance, we ask that this be limited to a single person if possible. If a patient is accompanied by a guest, we recommend that the guest waits outside of the office. However, we have created social distancing space in our reception/waiting area if required.
- At the start of your appointment, patients are asked to wash their hands and pre-rinse for 60 seconds with a disinfecting oral rinse.
- Room Disinfection – We have extended patient appointments to allow for adequate time for our teams to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments. This includes all surfaces and objects (even door knobs!) in treatment areas, bathrooms, hallways, reception, front desk, etc.
- Our waiting area will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, etc., as these items are difficult to disinfect.
- Our doctors and team will be wearing all of the recommended and supplementary personal protective equipment (PPE). You may see face shields, caps, shoe covers, gowns, gloves and masks, but you can be rest assured we’re smiling underneath them.